Friday, May 17, 2013

The Monkey and the Injured

Having finished our seat work for the day, the boys were downstairs playing this morning. Suddenly I heard the wail that means someone has sustained significant injury.
When I arrived on the scene, Paul was bleeding from the chin and Luke was looking sheepish. Apparently in their game of Push and Shove, Paul encountered the wall in a rather meaningful way. The two of us ascended the stairs in search of band aids, leaving Luke to reflect on the wisdom of inciting a game that nearly always produces bleeding.
Upstairs, Paul got a fun little square bandage and extra attention from Mommy. After about five minutes Luke, the self appointed jester, arrived to cheer the convalescing Paul.
"I'm a monkey, Paul! Look!" It was pretty cute.
So rather than stayed ticked at my oldest for causing injury to my youngest, I took their pictures and decided to blog it. It's better this way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok how can you be upset with such a cute monkey. What a hoot the boys are. Glad all ended well.
Love, Mom

Courtney said...

What a cute monkey! I love the relationship that your boys have with each other. If I'm ever brave enough to get pregnant again, I hope Avery has one just like it with her little sis/bro (well, without the bleeding, perhaps).