Thursday, May 30, 2013

Variety

This morning my boys are both engaged in artistic pursuits which perfectly portray their individual preferences.
I've known for awhile now that these two dudes are different from each other in pretty meaningful ways. The encouraging thing to me lately has been watching them enjoy these differences rather than fight over them.
Currently Luke is happily doing a color by number math page while Paul paints with water colors. Every once in awhile they check on the other's progress. Paul likes to make crazy guesses about what Luke's picture will be. Luke likes to see the dragon in Paul's painting. I can totally tell that they are impressed by the other's abilities. Luke is doing multiple digit addition and staying in the lines perfectly. Paul is creating pictures out of nothing. God has gifted these guys in different ways, and I think it's awesome.

No comments: