Friday, June 14, 2013

Almost Home

Here I sit in the Starbucks at the Albany International Airport, charging my phone, listening to hits from the forties and reflecting on my trip. It's been a good one.

Today I enjoyed my last breakfast in solitude, a lovely Mediterranean breakfast wrap accompanied by a fresh fruit plate, a side of bacon, and hot, fresh coffee. All this was served in a stunning Georgian dining room on fine China. Yep. I've been spoiled all week.

The woman running the inn claimed I deserve it. I am more of the opinion that every mom needs time away so she can come home appreciating her people more. Yes, I will miss the peaceful start to each day, but I cannot wait to serve my people tomorrow morning.

After breakfast, my sister and I hung out at her place for a bit before she dropped me at Joe's school where I attended the dress rehearsal of his kindergarten class play. Nikki declined to attend for two reasons. She needed to be home to get Little Man Rory off his bus. And she's going to see it tonight when it debuts. Having seen it, I can affirm her choice. Once is good. :-)

It was everything a play written by kindergarteners should be...cute, adorable, and mildly non sequitur. There are princesses, dragons, knights, and Joe, the Mean Fairy, my awesome nephew. He turns one of the princesses into a unicorn, something that must be remedied before the conclusion of this stage masterpiece. It's riveting, of course. Joe did a great job in the dress rehearsal and I know he'll knock em dead tonight.

After the rehearsal was over, I signed Joe out of school, and Nikki picked us up. We ate some lunch and headed to town for errands and the airport. And here I sit.

It's been a good trip, made more sublime by the Ella Fitzgerald being played right now. I can't wait to see my husband tonight and my kids in the morning.

Here are a few random pics.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is that the puzzle you gave him? Good gift aunt Amy! See you soon.
Love, Mom