Thursday, August 28, 2008

Perspective

Paul does indeed have pneumonia. His chest x-ray was taken yesterday morning and it showed his lower right (or was it left?) lobe has infected fluid. He started his antibiotics last night and we are nebulizing him with Pulmicort twice a day and Albuterol four times a day. We are praying that this is bacterial pneumonia and the antibiotics will be effective. If not, we might have a longer struggle on our hands.
Considering all this, I have decided to create a thankful list. I find that when things are tough, if I take time to look at all the ways God is blessing us, it helps my perspective.
  • I am so thankful for our new backyard. That might sound crazy to some of you, but we have a park in our own backyard. Luke is able to spend time in the beautiful weather while I stay inside caring for Paul.
  • In an economy that is scary for some, we have a beautiful house and a safe mortgage. I am hugely thankful.
  • Although my laundry needs doing, I have a washing machine and dryer to help me with the job.
  • BSF is starting in a few weeks!!! (I just realized that and got really excited.)
There are many more that I could add to the list, but the baby is waking up and needs some nebbing. Keep praising God for that which is good in your life. It makes a huge difference in how you view that which is hard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Paul is feeling better and healing quickly!

-Anita

Anonymous said...

Hope the little guy feels better soon. Thank you for the reminder of the positive. - Love, Betty

Anonymous said...

Hugs! Lily had Pneumonia about 6 weeks ago. I know what you are going through. I hope Paul heals quickly and I will be praying. I love your thankful list. : )

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy. I wish I had started reading this blog earlier :(

If anything, it's making me want to move back to the pac-nor-west. I'm not sure if that's helpful for me at the moment, but I am enjoying the nostalgia. :)

Jo