Monday, June 16, 2008

Productive Day

It was quite the day, here in Bangsundland. We started with a dual doctor appointment for the boys, mainly to alleviate my worries about taking bad germs when we visit Bestefar, Erik's Grandpa, next week. Paul earned a dose of antibiotics for his cough and ears. Luke just earned big smiles from the PA for allowing a complete examination without a peep, excluding the adorable, "Sure, you can do that."
After the doctor appointment I dropped off the borrowed port-a-crib (Thanks, Beck!) and headed for home. Lunch happened and then I was off to the DMV to replace my license. Long story which involves the roof of my car, my wallet, and traveling at highway speed. The DMV was miraculously fast. And I don't hate the picture. :-)
In the midst of all this, I exchanged about four emails with the woman at PLU responsible for making sure all thesis papers have met APA standards. I tweaked everything she asked and she finally sent me one line that nearly stopped my heart. "Everything looks good." I quickly replied, knowing she was probably still at her screen. "Does that I mean I should print, sign and send?" One word. The right word. The word I have been waiting four years to see. "Yes." Erik and I went on a date to FedEx/Kinko's tonight.

One copy of Thesis on 100% cotton paper: $17
FedEx Ground to Tacoma, WA: $7.50
Being done with all requirements for my Master of Arts in Education: PRICELESS

Leaving there, I said thank you to Erik. He has done so much for me and supported me completely in all my endeavors as a teacher and now as a mom. I am just so thankful that God gave me a husband who strives to love me as Christ loves us. And on that topic, I am thankful to a Savior who lives in and through me, enabling me to accomplish that which I think is not possible. Does that mean I didn't think I could get my thesis done? Nope. But I never would have thought that I could have impact on the life of a recovering teenage drug addict, which is what my thesis was about. That was a God-given project and I am thankful to Him for it.

On the home front, Baby Paul turned 11 months old today. The chair pictures didn't happen, but I did catch this moment between brothers. I love my boys.


1 comment:

Lynne said...

PRICELESS!!!!! thanks for sharing,
Love,
Lynne and Dave