Thursday, June 5, 2008

Victory is Nigh!

I cannot express how grateful I am that it is Thursday evening. Tomorrow morning Erik boards a plane insanely early and will be home around 10am. It has been a long week, but not without its huge blessings. I asked my Bible Study teacher to pray for me, that I would have time each day to pray and read God's Word. It totally happened. And it made all the difference. Yes, there were moments that I felt like throwing a pity party, but God reminded me over and over again, through various friends and blogs (see Jessica Kaylor's Journey with Cancer), that He is good and faithful. And my life is blessed. And my boys are a blessing to me and to most of the other people around us.
This morning I was really tired after being up four times, twice with each boy, during the night. Paul had gone down for an early morning nap and I found myself laying on the couch in the living room at about 9am. Luke was futzing around and noticed me. He disappeared and returned with his favorite blanket, which he used to cover me. He brought me a few of his animal friends and then whispered things like, "Shhhh. Mommy's sleeping." I rested for a few minutes, never really sleeping, but so thankful that Luke found all this entertaining.
The picture is from yesterday morning when Luke and I discovered all the fun that Photo Booth can be.

These shots are taken in rapid succession, much like the old-school photo booths at the mall. At the beginning Luke wasn't really sure what was going on, but he thought I was pretty hilarious. I love to make him laugh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures!! How sweet he tucked Mommy in with his blanket and friends.

Love, Mom

Lynne said...

So glad Erik will be home soon and I wish we had been there to help the week pass...it sounds like you had lots of support..the Luke story is priceless. Love, Lynne