Saturday, June 28, 2008

Time with Bestefar and the Beach

Today's post combines yesterday and today's activities. Last night I was just too tired to post. Anyway, yesterday morning Luke, Grandma and I hit the beach for a few hours of sand time. Luke really likes to dig in the sand. He's not at all interested in the ocean itself. In fact, he's a little scared of it. That's fine with me. I like sitting with him and watching him create and enjoy. Sometimes I even dig with him. :-)



Today Paul got extra-special time with Bestefar, Erik's Grandpa. Paul was pretty tired after only a short afternoon nap, but some of the pictures turned out really well. I love the way Bestefar interacts with his great-grandchildren. He loves to get as close to their level as possible, always talking to them and playing with them. As a more recent addition to the Bangsund family, I feel so blessed to have this patriarch who has set such a loving and gracious example for this family. I see his example in the way my father-in-law takes my oldest for a walk to look at the trains for the third day in a row. I see it in the way my husband sings our youngest to sleep each night. Thank you, Bestefar.



And last, but not least, an extremely cute picture of the two babies hanging out together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Priceless!!!! Have a safe trip home.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

That reminds me, when you come to Australia, I am taking you all to some real beaches.

Jo
xx
:)