Friday, April 6, 2007

Backless - Not My Style

This past Monday while bending to scoop up Luke, my back decided it needed a vacation. I never before realized how important my back is to my body. I soon became aware that even the most minute movements involve muscles in my back. Needless to say it has been a challenging week. God is my shield and very great reward. He provided exactly what I needed through friends, neighbors, and relatives.
Many thanks to Holly and her entire entourage for taking care of me Monday afternoon and taking Luke ALL day on Tuesday. My son loves spending time with your family and you treat him like he's one of your own. God's blessings to you all!
Another Thank You to Jodi Renee who brought me a fabulous lunch on Tuesday and served it to me in the finest tupperware available. You are the best neighbor ever!
And then there is my mom, who turned her life upside down (wrote sub plans for three days) to come down and take care of us beginning Wednesday morning. Have you ever had someone who served you with no strings attached? What a picture of our loving Savior my mom has been to me this week. Jesus with skin on. Thanks, Mom.

2 comments:

Jessica Kaylor said...

I am so sorry to hear of your back injury. I hope that the rest this week as been just what you needed and you are back on track (so to speak!). Since you have not had this type of pain with your last pregnancy, it must mean you are having a girl!! I guess we don't have too much longer until we can find out. Time is soaring by!

Much love,
Jess

Unknown said...

It is a joy to serve in Chirst's Love! So glad you are healing in His love and strength. Let your precious boy help you----he will be thrilled. Only 54 days---not that I'm counting. Love you all, Mom