Saturday, April 14, 2007

Diggers, Dump Trucks, and Dancing Queen

Our neighbor across the street recently decided that his entire driveway and sidewalk needed replacing due to the effect of tree roots. Bad news for Tien. Good news for Luke! Upon awaking Friday morning Luke discovered a small crew of workmen, big truck and digger included, right outside his living room window. The architecture of the mid-fifties affords us a huge picture window in our front room. Luke adores sitting at it while narrating the neighborhood. We seriously thought he might explode while trying to explain how very much he liked the digger and the big orange dump truck.
We were happy to have the distraction for Luke because that poor kid is teething like nobody's business. We feel so bad for him. He has spent the last three days in a very clingy mood, not like him at all. He actually laid on the couch an hour yesterday, wanting me to read aloud. I have to admit that I find it so endearing when he lays quietly listening to me read Bible stories to him. I'm hoping that as he gets older, his attention span for such things increases.
In the spirit of teething, we decided to teach Luke a new word: saliva. He doesn't quite have it yet. It actually sounds exactly like he is saying, "Sing Abba" instead. I tried "Dancing Queen" but it apparently wasn't what he really wanted. Maybe "Mama Mia" next time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would have loved to watch him. I can just picture how excited he was to see all the equiptment in his own front yard. I'll have to bring down the truck I got him as soon as the weather gets nicer. Glad he was feeling better on Sunday. Take care all of you. Love, Oma