Saturday, April 21, 2007

Nesting

I haven't written much about our current pregnancy, but tonight I experienced one of the more hilarious parts of the third trimester experience. Let me start by saying that I think pregnancy is one of the coolest processes invented by God. Despite first-trimester bouts of nausea and the second-trimester "chubby but not pregnant" look, I adore being pregnant. Tonight's example of odd behavior included.
Erik and I had just finished doing the dishes together. He took a load of laundry downstairs and I promised to follow behind after wiping down the counters. Having found a really good scrubby sponge (a damp wash cloth usually suffices) I discovered that the counters weren't the only thing that needed wiping down. The back splash behind the sink was in sore need of attention. Then the front of the dishwasher caught my eye, followed by the floor. On my hands and knees, six and a half months pregnant, I scrubbed for about ten minutes before I came to my senses. By the ninth month I will have no sense left and the rest of the scrubbing can wait until then!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a hoot, Amy. Well I'll have to look for the one clean spot on the kitchen floor Friday. Looking forward to seeing you all. love, Mom

Nikki said...

Feel free to scrub my kitchen while you visit. I would love to think I will have it sparkling clean for you but who am I kidding. Love Nikki