Saturday, March 15, 2008

Aloha from Maui!

We made it! The trip over was so smooth. Both boys were perfect for the flight. Paul slept during take-off and giggled through landing. Although Luke skipped his usual nap time, he still managed to hold it together until landing. We won't talk about the baggage claim incident. Oh well. Nobody is perfect and this two and a half year old has done remarkably well, all things considered!

We were met at the airport by Aunt Krista and Uncle Alex. It is so fun to be here with them. They arrived a day in advance to do some reconnaissance work. They found snorkel gear at the bargain price of $9 for the entire week. I am very excited! They also got the 411 on a good place to go in the early morning. We might not make it tomorrow, but we will make it before the week is out.

The Luke story for the day. Shortly before we left home Luke asked if we could go for a walk. Looking out at the grey, rainy day I promised him that we could go for a walk together every day in Hawaii. Today we took our first walk. We opened our sliding glass door, stepped off the patio and immediately saw a beautiful, long-legged bird. I think it was a heron of some sort. Luke told me he wanted to touch the bird. I said that the bird probably wouldn't let him. As Luke moved closer to the bird, it would gingerly hop and spread its wings to evade him. It was stunning and hilarious all at once. When the bird finally flew away Luke called after it, "Wait! Wait!" I'm sorry I have no pictures of this nature dance. I promise to carry my camera at all times from now on. Here are some shots of the boys in the plane and the parents a little too giddy.

Happiest Baby On the Plane

Best Behaved Boy On the Plane

Silliest Parents Ever - No children present at time of photo - hence the goofy grins

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Your cracking me up!" I'm so glad all went well for you all. I would love to have seen the nature boy/bird dance. Have a wonderful day.
Love, Mom

Thanks for the pics!!