Saturday, March 8, 2008

More Sick

When I went into Luke's room this morning he said his ear hurt. We are fortunate to have a pediatrician with Saturday hours. Turns out the poor guy has not just an ear infection, but bronchitis and tonsillitis to boot. Antibiotics are happening along with a new medication for his lungs. They make a chewable pill for asthma now. It's not as effective as an inhaler, but is meant to augment what we call "the puffer." This is good because I often wonder how much of his albuterol Luke is really getting when he shoves the inhaler out of his face most of the time. In the pharmaceutical industry this is known as a compliance issue. Did they invent that term with the two year old in mind? Yep.
Regardless of being super sick, Luke is still cute. See him below wearing his Captain Heartbreaker jammies and playing with his bus.

Paul, thankfully, has stayed completely healthy throughout this bout of illness. Please pray that he continues to be protected. Bronchitis in the little lungs isn't any fun at all. In celebration of his good health, we shot this video of him last night. Those are actually all happy noises he is making. There is also a cute little surprise at the end!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad Luke can now be on the mend.I love the sweet good bye wave. I giggle just watching him. Thank you for sharing.
Love, Oma

Jess said...

Your children have to be the cutest things ever created. I'm so happy for you guys. I miss you lots!

Matt said...

I hope Luke gets to feeling better! And I love the addition of video to the blog.