Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Maui Marine Adventures

The main highlight of the day for all of us were our respective marine adventures. Erik and I headed off at 6:45am to go snorkeling with Krista and Alex. We went to an area called Ahi Ahi (I think). The water had a fair amount of surf - something both Krista and I described as "being oceany." Despite the waves, we all made it in. I confess to being the most chicken of the four. Erik and Alex coaxed me in and I'm really glad they did. It was super fun and we saw lots of fish. Bright yellow, striped, pretty fish. Dark black, crazy-finned fish. I'm too lame to know the names, but they were really cool. We also saw some absolutely stunning coral. I just loved it. It was a little hard getting back in to shore, but a good workout for the legs. Next time we are going to visit a more secluded cove with less surf.
Luke and Paul, meanwhile, spent the morning with Grandma and Grandpa. They all visited the aquarium located less than five minutes from the condos. A good time was had by all and Luke was well behaved. Music to this mother's ears.

For dinner Erik took me to the Seawatch Restaurant at the Wailea Golf Club. Famous for its sunset views and amazing food, this place did not disappoint. Macademia nut encrusted brie, goat cheese and beet salad, fresh uku, and Hawaiian bread pudding. Wowza. I won't need to eat any food tomorrow. As for the sunset, the pictures do not do it justice, but I'm going to tweak the contrast when I get home to my computer. God did a beautiful job tonight and I don't think He'll mind if I help the pictures out a little. :-)

Luke enjoying the fish at the aquarium.



Paul enjoying his new St. Patty's Day bib. Thanks Grandma!



Amy and Erik enjoying time together at the Seawatch.
Hawaiian Sunset

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that Luke loves sea life so much. Paul just makes me smile. So do you and Erik!
Love, Mom/Oma

Rachel said...

You guys look like you are having so much fun! I'm so excited for you. You guys are so awesome and you so deserve this!!

Jess said...

You two look so happy in that picture (not to mention that color of green in your dress really made me happy). I'm so happy for you guys that you're having this experience.

Love you guys,
Jess