Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tangents

In honor of our imminent departure for Hawaii, I have changed up the blog a bit. Sadly there was no template with a tropical theme. Regardless, I shall do my best to blog from Maui. Having never traveled with both boys, I have no idea how much time I will have for such things. I am assuming that we will have internet access. Perhaps it would not be such a bad thing if we didn't...I used to journal with a pen and paper. No, really. I did.
Just yesterday I received a letter in the mail. It wasn't telling me that I might already be a winner. It wasn't offering me a credit card with 0% APR on all credit transfers. It wasn't even an obligatory thank you note. It was a letter from an old friend. It was hand written. It was refreshing and delightful to hold it in my hands and read it again and again. Antiquated, I know. But refreshing nonetheless. And not in the sense of clicking the refresh button on your web browser, hoping the page being loaded will "work" this time. More like a breath of fresh air, trite thou it may sound. You should try it some time. In case you were wondering, we initiated contact with the man who did our pre-marital counseling to tell him how blessed our marriage is and grateful we are to him for all he taught us. We sent a hand-written note to this old friend (admittedly after having found his address on the internet), and he responded with a letter of his own. Lovely. Don't get me wrong. I would die without email, texting, blogs, and google. But it was lovely nonetheless to get a real, old-fashioned letter in the mail.
Sorry there aren't any pictures. I haven't taken any because the camera is packed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bet he was thrilled to hear from you.
Have a wonderful time!
Love, Mom