Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mahalo, Maui!

Today was our last day in Hawaii. We fly out tomorrow in the early afternoon. It has been a wonderful trip. At this very moment, the sun has turned the sky over our condo an amazing shade of pink. We are actually sitting in our living room area enjoying it. Luke has reached the end of his vacation rope and is watching Veggie Tales. There was actually a tape here in the condo when we arrived. Whew! Anyway, here's the day's recap:
I went whale watching this morning! It was so much fun. I loved being out on the water and there were quite a few whales to see. None of my pictures turned out, but Alex has a better camera, so I might be able to high jack a few for my scrapbook. I could have spent all day out there. At one point they put a waterproof mic into the water and we listened to live whale song. So very cool. I also learned a lot of cool information about whales. Baby humpback whales gain 100 pound a day! That makes me feel better about the five pounds I'm pretty sure I have gained here.
This afternoon we spent time with some friends of Dave and Lynne's who have a place just down the coast. Luke walked on the sand for the first time! Yes, we have spent the entire week carrying him. He's just very cautious, folks. But it was great to see him exploring up and down the beach.
In closing, I have video footage of our first day here. We didn't get it downloaded to the computer until just yesterday. Regardless, it is a fun little tour of our condo (when it was still clean) and a short scene involving Luke getting up from his nap. It's about two minutes long.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful week for you all. Have a blessed flight home. See you all Saturday AM.
Love, Mom/Oma

What looked like Pooh's red shirt?