Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Reminder

This has been a long week. There have been moments when I thought, "This isn't what I signed up for." As I was putting Paul to bed tonight, holding this beautiful child in my arms, I was reminded of something. I didn't sign up for this. I prayed fervently for it. I asked God to grant me the desire of my heart - to be a mom. There was a time when we were told that I should never have my own children because of the medications I was taking for my epilepsy. God gave us two healthy pregnancies and two healthy births. We are blessed.

Deuteronomy 6:10-12

When the LORD your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the LORD, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

This is a passage that I have marked in my Bible with the words, "2/13/06 When God provides Erik's dream job." But it strikes me as very applicable to becoming a mom as well. I need to not forget that the Lord has given these boys to us and even though there are really hard times, I can be thankful. I am thankful. Here are the pics. :-)

Future cubicle buddies? I love play dates.

Homage to Bryan Tingkang, former 9th grade student who made this mask as part of my coursework. Remember the scene in Romeo & Juliet where they crash the party in masks? My class made masks for that day's reading. Cool mask, eh? I was pregnant with Luke and just told Bryan he couldn't have it back. Thanks, Bryan!

I love this shot because it's Baby Paul watching his brother, trying to figure that guy out.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are blessed to be a blessing. Adorable pictures of adorable boys. Thanks for sharing.
Love, Mom

Lynne said...

Thank you for the wonderful photos of our darling grandsons.. all is well in germany...we send our love,
a verz happy gandma