Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Today's Story

Today was Luke's second to the last day of BSF for the year. That went so fast. Each Wednesday when I pick Luke up from his class, we walk back through the sanctuary to get to the parking lot. On our way we usually stop and talk with my teaching leader, Kathy, who always asks Luke what he learned in the story that day. Her own daughter, now a law student at Stanford, went through BSF beginning at the age of two. Today's story was about Jesus' crucifixion, death and burial. I seriously had no idea what Luke was going to say. This is how it went:
Kathy: "Luke, what was today's story about?"
Luke: "It was about sin." (I just about fell over when he said that.)
Kathy: "Yes, it was. Did Jesus hang on the cross to pay for all our sin?"
Luke: "Yeah. And then they put him in a cave and put a big rock right over the hole."

The interaction ended there, but later on at home when we prayed over lunch, I expressed my gratitude to Jesus for dying on the cross for our sins. Luke, who usually pipes in with "Protect everyone," changed his prayer to "Thank you, Jesus."

In other news, my sister has inspired me to include more video on the blog. I shot this of Paul this afternoon. The quality isn't the greatest, but I love the way he moves things around and is interested in the little details.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The faith of a child is faith in its most beautiful form. What a joy to to witness Luke's growth.

Thank you for the sweet video of precious Paul.

See you all Friday!
Love, Mom/Oma