Friday, May 16, 2008

Ten Months Today!

Paul turned ten months old today.  That is just incredible to me.  His milestones thus far include hand clapping, nose identifying and to a stand pulling.  Pretty sure that's bad grammar, but it kept them in a series.  I actually managed to catch the last one with the camera today.  He did it first on the couch.  I missed that one.  Then he did it on Daddy's work boxes by the front door.  That one I caught.  The pictures are below.
It has been such a long week here.  Erik has been away on business for three days now.  One more to go.  Three cheers for friends Becky and Holly who saved the lives of my children today.  If I hadn't left this house we might all have made the 5 o'clock news and not in a good way.  Do you know a single mom?  Help her escape from her house.  Kidnap her and take her for coffee.  Invite her for pizza and help her put her screaming toddler in the car, even though your neighbors are looking out their windows at you.  Whatever you do for the least of these you have done for Him.  He said so.  Matthew 25.  The sheep and the goats.  Check it out.

Here are the pics.

I almost didn't get this shot.  The other attempts involve him doing his best to take a dive over the arm of the chair.  No injuries were sustained during the taking of this picture.

One of the few things Luke and Jorge are willing to share.  Luke spontaneously said, "MIO!" today while they were fighting over a toy.  That's Spanish for, MINE!  I had to ask Adriana, my English student, what Luke had said.  Who taught him that?

Right after this shot was taken Paul proceeded to climb up on the lower box headed for the taller one.  I wasn't ready for that one.  Watch out world.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy the time has gone quickly. Thanks for the pictures!!

Love, Mom/Oma

Jess said...

Oh my gosh he looks different even from the post done on the 9th. That was a week ago!

And for the record, if I lived nearby, you would escape more.

Miss you!
Jess

Unknown said...

Fun memory...seems like only yesterday Luke was pulling himself up on Daddy's boxes from work.
Love, Oma