Wednesday, September 12, 2007

First Day of BSF

What an adventure we had today! Luke and I headed for Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) this morning at about 8:25 am. Luke "helped" me set up the chairs for my discussion group. "I'm going to sit right here. No...here." Then he got to play with all the other leaders' kids while we prayed. At that point, Luke was headed to his class and I was headed to mine! It was so exciting to be with other women to study God's Word knowing that Luke was somewhere in the building learning the same stuff (on the two-year-old level of course!)
At the end of the morning, Luke was pretty tuckered out. He made it to the car and upon arriving home ate an entire peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch. That's quite a feat for the toddler tummy! He then passed out for two solid hours. When he woke up, we got a chance to talk about what he had done all morning. There was marching and quiet time on mats. There was also singing. This is about all I was able to drag out of him. I can tell he is still totally processing what he experienced. It really was his first classroom experience. When I picked him up, all the two year olds (about ten of them) were sitting around a round table in little chairs. Including Luke! It was a seriously wild moment for me. How did they get them to do that?!?

BSF provides a song packet for each family that includes all the songs they will sing this year. They also tell me each week what songs they did that day. Luke and I spent some time at the piano this afternoon singing the two songs he heard today. They are great songs full of scripture. Any song that prompts my son to ask me more about Jesus thrills me! Questions I heard today included: Where is Jesus? and When is Jesus coming back? The best part is that the song gives the answers! "Jesus is living in heaven today" is the first line of the song and "Jesus promises He will come back someday" is in the last verse. My dude was totally satisfied with the answers "in heaven" and "someday." I'm so thankful to have a program that prompts my son to start asking these questions and gives me the answers! As we sang that same song at bedtime Luke announced that he wants Jesus to come back. (In three minutes) That would be cool.

And now, for the pictures. :-)


Paul likes his puffer fish. Just don't eat it, Baby Paul.

I really wanted Paul to smile for the camera, but this is all he would do. Turkey.

Luke and friend at the piano. Pretty cute!

On the potty, but not really practicing. Just sitting there. Wearing Mommy's slippers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting! I'm so glad I got that old piano all those years ago. I can't think of a better return on my investment that you teaching your boy(s)songs of Jesus love. Thanks for the pictures.

Love, Mom

viviene @ thejourneyofawoman said...

That's so neat! I was with BSF last year. i was interested to hear about "quiet time mats" they used to have their own time with Jesus. I wonder how they actually do it. I want to do the same for my little one someday! =D

www.thejourneyofawoman.com