Thursday, September 6, 2007

Quiet Day with Pictures

It was a fairly quiet day here. Daddy headed out early for a breakfast gig. The boys and I headed to Rachel's house for hang out time. Luke discovered the backyard over there and I thought he was going to change his address to the Craft Family Backyard. "Oh and look at this," was the phrase he kept using. They have lots of fun stuff. When we left he cried and I thought it was a good time to help him learn to name his emotion. As we headed for the car with Luke screaming loudly, I asked him if he could say, "I feel disappointed." Through big, giant tears he said the phrase and continued to say it for most of the ride home. Poor little man. But at least he's learning to express his feelings. And the repetition of the phrase decreased the screaming from the backseat. Still think I'm psycho?

Paul has been enjoying time in his new-to-us baby gym. He's definitely cooing and gooing more this week than last. I put the "gym" in the port-a-crib to prevent older brother from "working out" with it while Baby Paul is using it. The port-a-crib is in the eat-in area of the kitchen. I can actually manage to accomplish tasks in there while Paul is stationed here and Luke is in the playroom. Miracles happen. I haven't figured out a way to sit down and not be bothered yet. I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen until they move out.

Luke heard me turn on the camera from the other room to take the previous picture of Paul. He immediately requested that I take a picture of him. "I would like a picture of me. Please." Covered in cereal. Hard to resist.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job on the "I'm disappointed". Hard lesson to learn. Paul is getting sooooo big. Don't count on sitting time even when they move out--there is laundry form college, cookies when they come home to visit etc., etc......But you won't trade a minute of it. Thank you for the picutres. Love to you all, Mom

Anonymous said...

great photos...and stories.
Love, Lynne

Rachel said...

I felt very disappointed when you left too. Come back soon so Luke can play in the fun backyard again. Maybe we will have our little pool set up by then. (Yes, I know summer is almost over!) You are such an awesome mom and I love that you use every opportunity to teach your boys! Let's do dinner soon!