Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Odds and Ends

I had my Bible Study Fellowship Leadership Workshop today from 9am-2pm. It was so awesome. I am in a new class this year because I switched from the evening group to the day group. I made the change in order to allow Luke to start attending the two year old preschool class. It might seem nuts to teach the Bible to two year olds, but I cannot wait to see what he learns this year. The kid is a sponge and I'm pretty sure he will manage to memorize more scripture than me.

In order for me to attend the workshop, I needed to find childcare for both of my boys. I prayed about it, knowing that it is a big job caring for a newborn and a toddler. The first folks who came to my mind are a family I met through the evening BSF class. The two teenage daughters were in my Senior Level class and I thought it might be fun for all three of them to come. They were such a huge blessing to our family today. They came early to get the lay of the land and stayed after to chat with me. They not only took care of my boys, they enjoyed their company. They had Luke stories to share and were all smiles about his many and varied antics.

Speaking of which, the mail today contained a card from Oma. Luke opened it immediately and "read" it for me. "It say, 'Oma loves Luke and Paulywog.' " The kids knows his Oma. :-)

There are no pictures tonight. I'm sorry, Grandmas and Aunties.

There is however a commendation to my friend Rachel for starting her blog with a poignant entry about sending her two eldest children off to kindergarten today. Three cyberspace cheers for Rachel! Read her entry here: http://rachelcraft.blogspot.com

No comments: