Saturday, September 8, 2007

Ribs and Sleeping Babies

I love Saturdays. Today Erik headed off to BSF Leadership and the boys and I had a very lazy morning. Everyone was still wearing pajamas when Daddy arrived home at 9:30 am. Luke was enjoying his jammies so much that he went back to bed around 10am. He had reached maximum whining level and needed to be rejuvenated. We aren't sure if he just didn't sleep well last night or is going through a growth spurt. Regardless, he slept until 1pm and awoke a much happier boy. :-)

Then Mommy went to sleep for a few hours while Daddy entertained the troupes. From his recliner. Forget the armchair quarterback. This is the armchair Father. He can run the entire household from that chair. I need to develop this skill.

We dined on ribs and corn on the cob, which Luke likes to call corn on the bob. Not sure why. Anyway, this was Luke's first rib experience, so pictures became necessary. He spent way more time playing with the bones than eating the meat. At first we gave him just a pile of the meat that had already been stripped off the bone. No good. He saw us eating ours and said, "I need to eat that," pointing to the ribs in our hands. The camera wasn't available for the actual meat-eating moment, but it was pretty hilarious. I use a crock pot and enough sauce to float a boat. The meat just fell right off onto Luke's plate. "Oh, it fell off." Yep. Sorry about that, buddy. He was all the happier to just chew on the bone.

Paul, meanwhile, is so fun and cute. He smiles at me so often now. I tried getting a picture, but it ended up blurry. Don't worry, Paul Fans. It will happen soon. I did snap some shots of him completely asleep on his changing table. I also wanted to capture the preciousness of what I see while he sleeps in the Moby Wrap. Even though my hands are free, I don't get much done because I spend way too much time just staring at him. Oh well. There's always the next decade of my life to have a clean house. Oh, wait. I'll have two teenage boys. (!!!) I think I'm going to need a bigger crock pot.


Ribs are very serious business.


Happy Rib Eater

My name is Paul and I can sleep anywhere. And I'm getting huge.


I can remember a time in my life when it took some sort of event for me to take pictures. Not so anymore. Ribs and sleeping babies will do.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How much fun can a Saturday be. Happy rib boy and sleeping angel. Your are blessed. Thank you for sharing.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the smiles this morning -- wonderful photos.
Love,
Lynne

Matt said...

Mmm ... ribs.

Anonymous said...

Maybe corn on the "bob" has something to do with Uncle Bob? I kid Hugo when he tells me about the bobs he has done in the pool. I always ask him if he did any Aunt Cindy's!!!!

-Anita

Anonymous said...

I need one off those "captain" chairs! After running business from there I can update my "Captains Log" with out ever getting up! Now if I could just get Spock to teach me the Vulcan nerve pinch for bedtime....