Wednesday, September 19, 2007

God's Provision

It's been a busy week so far. Monday evening our childcare for Tuesday morning canceled and we started to pray. Tuesdays are my meeting for Bible Study leadership. Not only is it one of my favorite weekly activities, it is required that I attend if I'm going to lead my group on Wednesday. I knew that if God wanted me there, He would provide someone to hang out with Baby Paul. Six answering machines later, I began to feel a little desperate and depressed. Watch out for those D's folks. Erik was at his Monday evening BSF group and Luke was already asleep. It was just me, Paul and those nasty D's. I grabbed my favorite hymnal and started to sing. Be proactive people! Paul appreciated the music and the words were speakin' to my soul. I got to the one that says, "Let me come closer to thee, Lord Jesus. Closer day by day. Let me lean harder on Thee, Lord Jesus. Yes, harder all the way." It struck me that this was a perfect opportunity to put these lyrics into practice. Good stuff. And how does the story end? With six different folks wanting to watch Paul. I got to pick. God provides childcare. Abundantly more than we ask or imagine.
And now, for the pictures!

Luke received this awesome set of cars and blocks from Aunt Krista this week. They can be used with his Brio train stuff. Huge hit! I'm not sure why he is wearing one yellow boot on the wrong foot.
Sorry about the flash and the red eye! He was smiling and I didn't want to miss it. This isn't the big smile, but it's pretty cute.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God is faithful all the time. I love the one yellow boot and the "red eye". They are such sweet boys!
Love, Mom