Saturday, August 18, 2007

Birthday Bash!

We celebrated Luke's second birthday with a small get together of mostly family. It was themed with Thomas the Tank Engine and included the coolest cake ever. Thanks, Grandma and Aunt Luann! The birthday boy made his appearance with far less hair than his public was expecting. We buzzed it. He needed a hair cut and couldn't manage to sit in the chair on Mommy's lap. He doesn't seem to mind, although he did admit to Daddy that his head was cold this morning at breakfast. I think he looks more like a little man than ever, which at first seemed very fun and then made me cry. I know all the moms out there understand what I'm talking about. Regardless, he's pretty cute!

Luke and Paul pose for pre-party pictures in matching outfits. So cute!


Seriously fabulous cake! Cheers also go to Aunt Krista for making the train mold part of Grandma's Christmas. Great idea!

Luke wanted to blow out his candles the moment they were lit. Fortunately we were able to sing "Happy Birthday" first. Right after this picture was taken, Luke attempted to eat one of the train cars by leaning over and going straight for it. We were able to convince him to wait for it to be dished. Whew! No cake diving allowed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a fabulous party, but I'll miss seeing his beautiful blonde hair. I hope it grows back.

Jennifer H. said...

Josh and I love the look of little boys with buzz cuts. As soon as Jonas has enough hair to cut, watch out for the clippers!
We love the pictures and keeping up with the four of you.

Nikki said...

Cousin Joey has the exact same outfit. How funny is that. Happy birthday Luke hope you had a great day.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww ... I LOVE Luke's haircut! I want to cut Will's already, but i don't even think it's real hair yet. I suppose I can wait. :)

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww ... I LOVE Luke's haircut! I want to cut Will's already, but i don't even think it's real hair yet. I suppose I can wait. :)