Thursday, August 2, 2007

Daddy's home!

Erik returned home from a two-day business trip this afternoon. I was SO happy to see him! And not just because I had to do the midnight feeding the night he was gone. I just missed the guy. Luke was pretty ecstatic to have the Daddy-Man home as well. Paul...uh...was asleep. That baby sleeps a lot. I would worry except I'm too busy being overjoyed to have such a peaceful little dude. I know. Give him time.
Luke is doing better and better with his overall attitude and manners. His tantrums have decreased and he continues to simply adore Baby Paul. Today while Paul sat in his chair looking up at the black and white polka dot bar, I attached the happy little sun to the bar. Luke took it down repeatedly and "handed" it to Paul because Paul couldn't reach it for himself. Each time Luke said, "Here you go, Paul." Such a helpful big brother.

And now for the pictures!

Paul contemplates his happy sun while sitting in his chair. Sorry about the scratch on his face, folks. Baby fingernails. Ugh.

Big Brother Luke handing the happy sun to Little Brother Paul. I just love the way Paul is looking at the sunshine like he's actually going to grab it. The best Luke could do was to get Paul to hold still while he placed the sun over his hand. At one point, Luke slid the sun down beside Paul in the chair and said, "He put it in his pocket." Much easier.

At this point, I'm pretty sure Luke is thinking, "What is wrong with my baby brother's hands? He can't seem to grab anything!" I explained to Luke that he was a baby just like Paul and he learned how to use his hands over time. I'm pretty sure he didn't believe me. My guess is that he is going to be keeping a close eye on Paul. Maybe being a first-time big brother is as nerve-wracking as being first-time parents. I'm pretty sure it can't be nearly as bad!

Coming Soon: Look in future posts for the visit of Aunt Krista!

No comments: