Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Park Play Day

Today we all piled into the car and headed to a park for the Summer Festival MOMS Park Play Day. If you aren't familiar with Summer Festival, it's the craziest two weeks in August and I love it. Anyway...we all went to the park and enjoyed ourselves immensely. My personal favorites were the free Krispy Kremes and coffee with yummy creamer. Luke enjoyed the swings, the big kid variety, with Oma's help. He also kicked around a soccer ball for awhile and sat in line to get his face painted but then declined that activity. Paul made his MOMS debut and wowed everyone. The hair was the most popular feature, followed closely by the super chubby cheeks. I had such a good time sitting and chatting with friends and listening to people adore my newborn. I'm pretty sure this outing is what allowed me to persevere this evening when my nearly two year old son decided to race naked through the house screaming, "NO!" at the top of his voice. When I spend time with other moms, laughing and eating (both are required), I handle crisis better. I am reminded that we all face the same stuff and God gave us each other for support and encouragement. Can I get an Amen?

I promised pictures. Little did you know you would have to endure a little preaching to get them! :-)

Luke and Summer eating snacks. Luke thinks Summer is the greatest.



Look, I have friends! None of these people were paid to be in this picture.



Rachel thinks Paul is adorable and sweet. I agree with her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Summer has learned how to say Luke from being obsessed with the picture of the 2 of them! It is so cute. Too bad she will never be allowed to date!

Jess said...

He does have a ton of hair. Cute!

Personally, I think running around naked and not needing an excuse would be one of the best parts about being a toddler... those were the days.

But I can understand your frustration.