Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Sprinkler and Other News

Paul understands fashion and he has the dance moves to match. In these photos we see him wearing his "Automatic Sprinkler" t-shirt while performing the retro dance move known as The Sprinkler. So very cool.

In Luke news, our family has sung "Happy Birthday" no less than six nights in a row. Each evening at the end of dinner, Luke very quietly and politely states, "There is some birthday cake." We reply that yes, there is some leftover birthday cake. He then says in a very small voice, "I would like some birthday cake. And everyone will sing Happy Birthday." I love his use of verb tense. I believe that we should all be this assertive. If you are making a request, just go ahead and put it in the future declarative. Why not? There is no opportunity for awkward refusals. This will happen next, people. Get used to it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well we all knew Paul was a fashion plate and of course he would be up on all the old dances.

I don't think I will ever forget that sweet little voice, "There is some birthday cake."

I would like to thank you all for a most joyous summer. My time getting gardney with Luke, lullying precious Paul to sleep, and reading "The Great Fuzz Frenzy". It was wonderful.
Thanks again!
Love, Oma