Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Facebook

I guess I've joined the 21st century officially because I'm on Facebook. I'd heard of it and had friends who were into it, but that doesn't really qualify you as hip. So, I got an invite from my friend Jo and signed up thinking, "I'll just check this out." It's more addictive than blogging. This is a bad thing. I've been online for thirty minutes and haven't done anything EXCEPT Facebook. This could be a short-lived fad for me. I just can't fathom spending anymore of my "free" time in front of the computer. I like my blog because it keeps me writing and allows me to share my growing children with my distant relatives. I also like to watch the counter go up. Pathetic, but true. Updating a blog also has a certain time limit. You can only type so much and post so many pictures and then you are done. Facebook is fun, but it just sucks time like a hoover! I seriously had no idea what I was getting into. I can hear my more astute friends saying, "Then just quit." Well, I would, but it's kind of addictive. The Facebook Team emails me whenever one of my Friends writes on my Wall or makes a comment on my photos. I'm in big trouble. Don't worry too much, though. When BSF starts in September, I won't even have time for the blog anymore! :-)
Pictures tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Don't stop writing on your blog! I enjoy seeing you and your happy family on a regular basis.

And while I'd miss your presence on Facebook, I definitely know its sucking powers well. Come September I am going to have to seriously set a time-limit for my internet usage. Seriously. And because I want to be considered an astute friend I'll give you my blessing: "Just quit then!"