Friday, August 24, 2007

The Good Day

Today was my first day caring for my two dudes without the help of my mom. She headed north and I began my journey into the wilds of mothering two. It was a great day. I am positive this is because both my husband and my mom spent the day praying for me. God is bigger than our most mundane issues. Mothering can be revoltingly mundane at times. The questions you ask yourself all day are just mind-numbing. Where do I put the newborn while I change the toddler's diaper? When do I get a bathroom break? The amazing thing about today was that all the little details fell perfectly into place and I even had dinner on the table by 6pm. And it wasn't pizza! I know that not every day will be like this, but I also know that God gave me the success of today to remind me that my confidence and my strength are in Him.

There is a verse in the Bible that says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." The apostle Paul was referring specifically to experiencing both hunger and a full stomach, having nothing and having everything. This is so about being a mom. I know what it is to have great days where my children are my delight and I know what it is to have days when they are lucky I haven't sold them on craigslist. Amazingly, by the grace of God, I am learning to be content on both days.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. God is so amazing because the verse you mentioned is the one I prayed for you. You gotta love God, He is so awesome.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have had 6 kids ALL week and I had to leave my husband with all of them while I went to work! You are a wonderful mom and your boys are so lucky to have you! You can totally do this!

Josh Moore said...

Way to embrace the good days. I'm impressed with your abilities to handle two. Jenny and I can barely handle one (actually I'm not sure we're handling him at all:) It's been so good to reconnect through reading each other's blogs. I hope all is well and next week is even more successful at the juggling and loving.

Josh, Jenny and Jonas

Josh Moore said...

By the way, you're children are beautiful!