Saturday, August 4, 2007

A Day at the Farm

Luke had a very special adventure today. Grandma and Grandpa took him down to visit a wonderful friend of the family, Grandpa Jack, and his farm. This farm included machinery, a cow and two horses. The pictures below pretty much tell the whole story. Luke really enjoyed his time on Grandpa Jack's farm and looks forward to a return trip.





Farmer Luke checks out Grandpa Jack's cow. Nice lookin' animal ya got there.

Luke meets the horses.

Luke's first time on a horse. If you ask Luke what he did at Grandpa Jack's farm, he will say, "I rode on Rambo." This is Rambo. As a trusting mother, I can only assume that the name does NOT speak to the nature of this animal. From the pictures, Rambo looks pretty docile.

As much as I wanted to go out to the farm today, I'm really glad I wasn't there, for my son's sake. I'm post-partum crazy enough right now that there's no way I would have let him sit astride a horse. Three cheers for Grandma and Grandpa! Oma's comment on this picture was that Luke looks like a natural. What do you think, Aunt Nikki? :-)

Cutest picture ever.



Luke meets the machines! This is Jack's beast of a machine that can be seen in the background of the horse pictures. None of these shots do this thing justice. It's the largest piece of machinery I've ever had the pleasure of seeing in person. Luke was actually a little overwhelmed. When Grandpa Jack "made it go," Luke actually took a rather large flying leap right into his Grandpa's arms. Good catch, Grandpa!



Luke's favorite machine was the forklift. It was more his size and didn't make any noise at all.

Clearly, it was a very exciting day for the Lukester. Many thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for the field trip. We all need to head out there when my recovery is complete. I'm realizing now how very blessed we are to have amazing grandparents for our children. Luke's adjustment to being a big brother would have been horribly abysmal without the help of these three fabulous folks. Outings to the places like Jack's farm and mornings spent playing in the backyard have abounded for Luke these past three weeks. I am grateful to God for the grandparents.
Paul had a quiet day that involved some napping, some eating and a bath in his new tub. He liked it until he got cold. His favorite part is when we swaddle him afterward and then wash his hair over the sink. Who doesn't like to have their scalp massaged?

I love the way he looks up at me with eyes that memorize every aspect of my face. Or perhaps he's just thinking, "I'm wet, really wet. Am I supposed to be this wet? Are you going to fix this?" :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for trusting your precious son to me this summer. We have had bunches of fun "gardney" adventures. You have no idea how many bugs are in your yard until you look through the eyes of an almost two year old.:-)
I want to go to the farm too!
Love, Mom