Friday, August 3, 2007

Mother Goose and Other Cuteness

Tonight Luke requested Mother Goose as his bedtime story. We have a wonderful edition with fabulous pictures. I sat down in the rocking chair to read. One of my favorite pages has this rhyme on it:

I'm Dusty Bill from Vinegar Hill

Never had a bath and I never will


Next to these charming lines is a picture of a very dusty bunny wearing a rather sour expression on his face. Luke enjoys the rhyme and always has a few comments about the illustration. Tonight he said, "Dat bunny gardeny." Turning the noun, garden, into an adjective in an effort to describe how one looks after gardening is clearly a sign of higher intelligence. As a former English teacher, I can't really lend my full support to this practice, but as a mom, I think Luke is brilliant. :-)


In other areas of cuteness, I snapped two pictures of Paul asleep in his bassinet today. I bring them to you for your viewing enjoyment.

I just love the way he sleeps with his hands up over his head like this. I know all babies do it, but that doesn't make it any less cute.


A little closer in as he scrubs his face in an effort to wake up from his nap. Paul LOVES to sleep. Wohoo! Go Paul!

No comments: